Re: [tlug] RAM question

 Hi.

You'll be able to use this RAM with no problem.
If you try to use this RAM and failed because of hardware matching
reason, your motherboard will have no damage.

 But if you can, you should use 2GB memory module for limited memory
slots.

 Now 2GB memory is not so expensive.
 When I want memory modules, I go to Akihabara, and go to Techno House
Toei or Pasocon House Toei.

・MAP for Techno House Toei and Pasocon House Toei(sorry in Japanese).
  http://www.toeimusen.co.jp/~th/tempo/tempo.htm

 e.g. about 5k yen for two  2GB memory  module

 Thanks.

On Mon, 7 Sep 2009 22:12:43 +0900
Ian Barwick <barwick@example.com> wrote:

> Recently a bunch of 1GB DDR2 400Mhz ECC RAM modules fell off the back
> of a server (so to speak) and I was thinking they might find a happy
> home in a putative new desktop. However looking at motherboard specs
> (at least of those on display in Yodobashi Camera) it seems the lowest
> rating of current motherboards is 533Mhz. Would I be right in assuming
> these chips won't be of much use (especially with them being ECC)?
>
> If so, where's a good place to buy RAM in Tokyo? It's been a couple of
> years since I last did any serious PC assembly, but the prices in
> Yodobashi struck me as somewhat expensive.
>
> Thanks
>
> Ian Barwick
>
> --
> ASAHI Net.
> Visit ASAHI Net's English-language Web page: http://asahi-net.jp/en/

---
宮本 久仁男 (Kunio Miyamoto) , PMP
E-mail: wakatono@example.com
WebDAV Resources JP: http://webdav.todo.gr.jp/
wakatonoの戯れメモ     : http://d.hatena.ne.jp/wakatono/
Microsoft MVP (Windows - Security , 2005/10 - 2008/1
  Consumer - Security, 2008/2 - 2008/8, Enterprise Security, 2008/9 - 2009/9)