[tlug] RAM question

Recently a bunch of 1GB DDR2 400Mhz ECC RAM modules fell off the back
of a server (so to speak) and I was thinking they might find a happy
home in a putative new desktop. However looking at motherboard specs
(at least of those on display in Yodobashi Camera) it seems the lowest
rating of current motherboards is 533Mhz. Would I be right in assuming
these chips won't be of much use (especially with them being ECC)?

If so, where's a good place to buy RAM in Tokyo? It's been a couple of
years since I last did any serious PC assembly, but the prices in
Yodobashi struck me as somewhat expensive.

Thanks

Ian Barwick