Re: [tlug] domain registration/deletion problem

Francois Cartegnie writes:

 > Le mercredi 26 août 2009, Stephen J. Turnbull a écrit :
 > >The problem is that you are "owner" in the sense of listed contact,
 > >but you are not owner in any legal sense as far as I know; you are
 > >merely renting the right to use the domain, and the service of having
 >
 > Owner in the record ? From registrar/icann's point of view you are the
 > legitimate owner. You are allowed to change contacts & registrar.[1]

But if you fail to pay, it reverts to the next level up that is still
in good standing with its registrar.  This is not ownership as you can
own a car or even a copyright (in the US).  There are also
requirements to actually use the domain, or it reverts.

You have certain rights, but it's not ownership.

 > If the domain has been set administratively "on hold", then a
 > notification has been sent by the registrar on every nic handle
 > mail address. If there's none for the owner, or the reseller gave
 > its own, things will get harder.

Ulrike says that she is listed as the "owner".  What that means I
don't know, there are typically several different kinds of contact
(Administrative, Technical at least).

 > If it has expired and entered "redemption period", then this case
 > must be solved in less than a month or domain will be resold...[2]

You call that "ownership"? ;-)