Re: [tlug] Cloud Computing vs. Windows vs. Unix

On 2009-08-22 18:24 +0900 (Sat), Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:

> From what I've seen, though, Windows admin is expensive.

If you've got good sysadmins and are doing fairly sophisticated things,
yes. This does not normally describe the kind of company that would put
their entire company e-mail on GMail, though.

I know of a lot of smaller (10-20 people) companies who would happily
outsource their e-mail, who when they didn't have the opportunity far
preferred to run it on Windows than on Unix, because without a "real"
sysadmin, they found that easier.

cjs
                   http://www.starling-software.com