Re: [tlug] Unix's 40th Birthday

Sotaro Kobayashi writes:

 > Furthermore, the server market change to cloud computing servers
 > seems to damage MS income by shrinking their servers license
 > business opportunities.

I wonder about that.  It seems to me that the same kind of business
that would find cloud computing attractive (versus an in-house Windows
server) would also find a Linux or *BSD server attractive.  So that
part of the market would be already moving away from Windows, it's
just that their destination changes from Unix to the cloud.

What do you think?