Re: [tlug] Yes! Another argument about the GPL! You knew you wanted it....

On 2009-08-12 10:40 +0900 (Wed), JC Helary wrote:

> Corporations pay _way_ much less taxes than _most_ individuals (that
> is the whole point of being a corporation)....

I'd like to see some evidence for this; it's not obviously true. As
someone who directly profits from a corporation and is intimately
involved with the taxes it pays, I can tell you that the corporate tax
rate on earnings in Japan is certainly higher than the personal tax rate
in most cases (though that may not be true if you count pension and
medical payments as taxes).

Further, paying less tax is nowhere near the "point" of being a
corporation. In fact, many people (such as me and my business partner)
pay *more* in taxes than we would otherwise in order to have a
corporation.

cjs
                   http://www.starling-software.com