Re: [tlug] Replacing text in multiple files - under Windows :(

On Thu, 30 Jul 2009 00:48:07 +0900
Kenneth Burling <burlingk@example.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 29, 2009 at 7:33 PM, Martin Killmann<martin@example.com> wrote:
> >
> > I have admin on my local machine, at least.
> >
> > What I'm looking for is something basic and simple, a small GUI program with
> > one field "search term" another field "replacement term" and a way to
> > specify a directory or list of files to parse. Then I hit "replace" and
> > done.
> >

> Look up a program called Notepad++
>
> It is meant to be a kind of notepad replacement, but it is really amped up. :P
>
> It has a Search and Replace function that will work on "all open
> files," and it uses a tabbed mdi (Multiple Document Interface).

I have Notepad++, actually. It's a great tool, but it's not an option
here because I need to make the same replacement in more than a hundred
files, and opening all at the same time in tabs is too much.

Also, Notepad++ seems to have problems with Japanese text files in
Shift-JIS. That's why I mostly use the Hidemaru text editor instead.

Martin