Re: [tlug] How to display ISO-2022-JP (=EUC-JP =JIS) text in vim ?

こんにちはリュウさん!!
返事はタイヘン遅くなって申し訳ありません m(__)m
今までずっとlatex-cjkを使っていましたから、platexはもう難しいになるでしょうなあと思って違っててまだ纔瘢韭絎竢軅)
実は、platexほうがすごく簡単ですよ〜
ただ纔瘢韭絎竢蹉まずはeuc-jpで編集しなければなりませんが、作ったvijと言纔瘢韭絎竢蹙のスクリプトを使うとこれも簡単です。
では、改めて本当に、どうもありがとうございました ^_^
よろしくお願い致します。

I want to thank you very much to have taught me the existence of platex, even if it is now almost one year ago, because I really started to use it only now and it is super easy and efficient ! Not even comparable with latex-cjk which I was using before.
One more time, thank you very much !!

サミュエル・アモー
Samuel Amo

2009/02/13 16:02 <ryu@example.com>:
Hi all,

> 皆さん、こんばんは
> アモーです。お久しぶりです、、
> VIMと日本語の心配ですが、、
> I posted here several years ago and I found the list useful,
> so now I'd like one more time to ask some question about Japanese
> support in Linux...
> I am using Debian lenny and I would like atually write latex
> documents in Japanese, so I read the doc found in latex-cjk-japanese
> and latex-cjk-common...
> どうぞ宜しくお願いします。
> Samuel Amo

Haruhiko Okumura has made enormous research on TeX and LaTeX.
I learned his name in the university and he's been posting lots of
articles in the Wiki and even written a book analyzing Japanese TeX:
http://oku.edu.mie-u.ac.jp/~okumura/texwiki/

I quickly summarized what you have to do to get it installed
in a versatile way as explained below.

> I use XeLaTeX on Linux.  It is excellent.  No font compilation
> required as xelatex uses the truetype fonts directly.

I'm not sure if this is out of fashion as I've not tried the
above package.

----

Download the latest version of ptetex (Japanese patches to various tools
in the original) from:
http://tutimura.ath.cx/~nob/tex/ptetex.html
Also you will need tetex source version 3.0 archive:
ftp://ftp.ring.gr.jp/pub/text/CTAN/obsolete/systems/unix/teTeX/3.0/distrib/tetex-src-3.0.tar.gz
and tetex texmf archive:
ftp://ftp.ring.gr.jp/pub/text/CTAN/obsolete/systems/unix/teTeX/3.0/distrib/tetex-texmf-3.0po.tar.gz

Place all those three in a directory and extract the one
beginning with 'p' right there:

tar zxvf ptetex3-20yymmdd.tar.gz

If you don't have the root previledge and want to install this in
your home directory ${HOME} for example, do:

cd ptetex3-20yymmdd
cat my_option.sample \
| sed "s/^#\s*KANJI_CODE=UTF8/KANJI_CODE=UTF8/1" \
| sed "s:^#\s*PREFIX=%{_prefix}:PREFIX=${HOME}:1" > ../my_option
make all3
make install
export TEXMF=${HOME}

I just installed TeX this way and have no problem with typesetting
English and Japanese, creating a pdf with dvipdfmx, and slides using
beamer class with images in eps that were originally in openoffice.

Ryu : http://run.sh/
Texas Instruments, Inc.