Re: [tlug] Open-source repository question

Hello,

> I'd like to pull together some of the variants and place the whole thing
> on a public repository such as SourceForge. I have never used that
> sort of system, so I'd like some advice:
>
> - what is a good one to use?

If you have never used one and don't have much time to invest on that,
I would suggest http://code.google.com

> - what are the merits/demerits of the possibilities?

Google Code only hosts SVN and Mercurial, so if you want Git you just
have to create a repository at http://github.com

> - how best to load the stuff up there?
The chosen website will give you an SVN or Git URL to your (empty)
repository. Perform a checkout on your local computer, copy your files
in the directory, add them to source control, commit, (push).

> - should I set it up for configure/make/make install? (I don't
> at present) If so, what's involved?

Would be great if you have time, but that's the kind of things someone
else might be happy to contribute.

By the way, thanks for your great work Jim!

Regards,
Nicolas Raoul
http://nicolas-raoul.blogspot.com