Re: [tlug] Please advice for a new equipment components under Linux

On Wed, Jul 01, 2009 at 05:12:34PM -0600, Pietro Zuco wrote:

> On Wed, 24 Jun 2009 19:42:59 +0200, Christian Horn <chorn@example.com>
> wrote:
>
> > But if you know for sure you will need a proprietary driver any-
> > way because of the requirements of your applications then nvidia
> > should be preferred; less pain to install.
>
> I'm little bit lost with this.
> If I have to work with proprietary drivers that maybe will force me to use
> only one distribution or a reduce set of them?

If you need the best performance because of games or 3d-applications
you have to use proprietary drivers, either of amd or nvidia.
Of those two drivers the one from nvidia is easier to use.

Probably both can be used with all distros but the newest ones
like fedora11 currently.

Christian