Re: [tlug] First Android Phone in Japan release date announced

http://my.opera.com/wiz/blog/2009/06/09/thanks-google-for-the-free-phone

> For Japanese input, I'd like to get edict onto the sd card and do
> conversion locally via simeji.  I don't have Simeji src but the
> developer seems interested.  Nothing definite, and no time lines

Simeji is not good. You have to copy and paste each time you type
something. Get a real Japanese IME:
http://my.opera.com/wiz/blog/2009/06/16/how-to-install-japanese-ime-on-android

> On the other hand, perhaps I'll go with DoCoMo since my current
> handset is in really bad shape.

Docomo does not officially support using phones not bought from them,
so good luck getting biz hodai to work. On the other hand, the iPhone
APN works fine with Android phones. =)