[tlug] Please advice for a new equipment components under Linux

Hey Tlugers.

My equipment is quite old and tomorrow I'm planning to go to Akiba to
investigate prices and combinations to make a new machine and maybe I'm
going to buy the whole stuff on that very day. I usually build it by
myself so mainly I'm looking for:

Mother board (for intel processors), Video card, (Maybe extra SATA card
to plug an external SATA NAS)

I wonder if lately someone upgraded equipment and maybe have some good
advice about which vendor or model.

If price is not too high I'm thinking on Dual processor and for Video
card what I need is mainly photo and video edition.

Well I forget, the main question is: It must be compatible 99.999% with
Linux of course :)

I googled about, and ASUS seems to be one of the most compatible mother
boards and ATI cards one of the best supported.

Thank you in advance for your time!

Cheers

      Pietro

--