Re: [tlug] Linux habits in Windows world

CL wrote:

The only _real_ problem I have is getting my HP printer to work from
WIN.  I print to .pdf using the 995 printing and editing suite and send
it to my Gmail account, then make a print copy from Linux.

Setting up your Linux side as a network printer might solve this problem.

Edward

I agree, I don't know how printer stuff works in VirtualBox but in ParallelsDesktop for example there were three ways to set up printing:

1) Attach printer as USB device into the VM.
2) Use virtual printer feature of Desktop.
3) And set up the regular network printing.

I guess it should be pretty similar in VirtualBox.

First way was pretty faulty, the second one was good when it worked, but only network printing was known to work almost always although it required a bit more configuration hassle sometimes.
Best regards,
--
Alexei Anisimov