Re: [tlug] (OT) The enigma of Japan

JC Helary wrote:
On mercredi 10 juin 09, at 19:47, Josh Glover wrote:

It was intended to
determine if JC's understanding of US politics was sophisticated
enough to justify his blanket dismissal of our whole political system.

Why not dismiss a system that has systematically brought death and despair wherever it considered its interests were ? That may not be specific to the US, but the US specificity is that they've been acting like that since their creation, non stop. That's quite a feat don't you agree ?

You are French, yes?

Ever look at the French record in East Africa? Ever been to East Africa and seen for yourself? I recommend Mali and Benin. Then, of course, there was Indochina. Where would the French have been without the hundreds of Waffen SS troops that joined the Legion Etrangere (sp?) from 1945~1948?

Sometime at a nomikai, if you buy enough beer I can tell you about being out on patrol in the jungle for two and a half weeks in the summer of 1973 and ending up having to cut through a French resort where there were hundreds of topless French and German women cavorting on the Vietnamese beaches ... to get back to our fire base.

And Japanese instrumentalization since the 50' and until now is obvious ! How many Korean/Vietnamese died because of Japan's collaboration to US genocidal attacks on those states ?

Why don't you ask how many people died under the Japanese occupation? You'd be surprised at the number and the percentage of the total population.

--
CL