Re: [tlug] Database frontend in Linux

2009/6/1 Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com>:

> What I mean is electronic content distribution.  Google is
> clearly intent on doing more than pointing to the documents it crawls,
> and Amazon is also evidently interested in going beyond Kindle in
> terms of content distribution, eg, distributing very slightly munged
> versions of books as "Look Inside" content.

Ah, I understand. And to the latter clause, a big No Comment. ;)

> (BTW, Paul Krugman showed up at the MOF recently, Kindle in tow.  He
> thinks it's the greatest thing since sliced bread except that it
> always breaks down when he's on the road. :-)

I'll buy the latest and greatest Kindle the second it launches in
Ireland, in order to save the roughly five trees a day that I
currently kill with my vast quantity of printouts. :)

This may be atari-mae to most of you, but do note that I thought Uncle
Jeff had gone crazy when I found out about the Kindle, two years
before it launched. Funny how it turns out that every time I think I'm
smarter than Bezos, I'm wrong. :)

--
Cheers,
Josh