Re: [tlug] PCI wireless card recommendations?

2009/5/9 Ian Barwick <barwick@example.com>:
> Due to domestic rearrangement my Linux box is now too far from
> the router for practical wired connections; can anyone recommend
> a wireless PCI card available in Tokyo that will work well with Linux
> (currently Ubuntu 8.10)?

Hah, that was a surprise. I realised I have an older D-Link USB
wireless thingy which die work but not to 100% satisfaction under OS
X. In the interests of experimentation I plugged it in, booted to a
Ubuntu 9.04 live desktop, and it worked out of the box, no setup,
tweaks or even mouseclicks required.

What am I doing wrong here? Surely it shouldn't be that simple?

;)

Ian Barwick