Re: [tlug] Mac or EeePC?

Hi all,

On Sun, Apr 19, 2009 at 11:56:10AM +0200, Niels Kobschaetzki wrote:

> But the biggest concern for me, if everything differs only a little,
> would be my tools of choice. In my case I would always use the Mac
> because I feel more comfortable and work more productively on Mac OS X
> than on any Linux-distribution. But that is totally up to you.

Different experiences here.
2 years ago i bought a macbook, played some months with it and
gave it away.  Just didnt provide a replacement for the linux/
windowmaker environmets that have been customized in years to
fit my needs.  OSX didnt even provide virtual screens at that
time.  I guess one has to settle with the environment apple is
presenting or has to step away, found not much for appropriate
customization.
No intention to start a holy war, but curious to hear opinions
on that ;)

Bought a thinkpad x200 recently, maybe interesting for some people:
kvm can be patched to provide the environment macosx needs to
run.  No 3d and no sound, but network works and it works great
just to see if something can be compiled at osx or how websites
look from safari/macosx.

Christian