Re: [tlug] Gentoo install issues - hda vs. sda

On Mon, Mar 16, 2009 at 12:00:50AM +0900, Josh wrote:
> 2009/3/15 Scott Robbins <scottro@example.com>:
>
> > Josh can probably fill us in--Josh, if you see this, has Gentoo decided,
> > well shucks, Fedora never documents anything and they're doing alright,
> > why should *we* update after 2003?
>
> No, Gentoo has decided:
>
> a) Let's spend all of our time writing policy docs and complaining on
> IRC and the project mailing lists about how all we do is write policy
> docs.
>
> Sorry, you didn't ask for this rant, and quite honestly, I'm surprised
> to learn that I feel this way. Wow.

Heh, we all rant about our most used distro.

It reminds me of the Debian bug.  One developer put an insult to another
developer in the code.  It was obscene but about as mature as saying
He's a big stupid doody-head.

Developer 2 filed a complaint as critical bug.  Developer number 3
changed it to minor bug.  Developer 2 felt that if Developer 1 had
something critical to say about D2's code, that was what it was, but as
it was a personal insult, it should be a critical bug.

Something to be said for Mr. Shuttleworth's code of conduct.  I suspect
it's one reason Ubuntu moves ahead so quickly, they can't waste time in
flame wars.  (I assume--how strictly they adhere to it and what happens
when they don't, I have no idea.)

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6