[tlug] VirtualBox: One Last Question

After several tries at creating new VirtualBoxes for XP, starting with virgin installs and moving on to moving data, I have one more goal which is to install a complete WIN XP HDD in my Linux box. I have one Root partition which is a Primary Partition, then I have an Extended Partition with eight additional partitions.

The part I understand is that I have to copy the Root partition, reformat it so that VBox sees it, and then replace the contents. I have done this successfully several times with single partition install tests.

The part I do not understand is whether I also have to create a VBox Extended Partition with eight more partitions again for the VBox PC to see it or whether having the Root run in VBox is enough. Alternatively, should I set the Extended Partitions as shared folders? I can already see the contents of the Extended Partition in Kubuntu as I have the NTFS viewer running.

--
CL