Re: [tlug] [OT] Interesting info for foreigners living in JP

On 2009-01-02 11:38 +0900 (Fri), Kenneth Burling wrote:

> I did not even click on the activism link.  If his "friendly" site is
> any indication, it will be mostly rants.

There's a reasonable amount of good and/or interesting stuff in there.
Have a look at, for example, his information on building a house in
Japan and importing personal effects, linked from this page which is
also relatively free of unpleasant formatting:

    http://www.debito.org/residentspage.html

(Search for "foundations".)

As for his activism, well, everybody needs a hobby. And while I'm not
about to take this sort of thing on, it's nice to think that there's
a possibility that one day I can head south out of Shinjuku down
Meiji-dori on my bicycle of an evening and not get stopped by the
police.

cjs
                   http://www.starling-software.com