Re: [tlug] [OT] Interesting info for foreigners living in JP

Kenneth Burling wrote:
As a person that is interested in going through the processes of
getting a spousal visa, and eventually permanent residency status, the
information he has there can be very useful, but I do not know if I
want to dig through the anger and angst to get to it.
Going even more off topic here with apologies to anyone who doesn't find this useful. If you are currently active duty personnel, he has nothing of use to you. Debit never walked it, he just talks. Not Linux, but 100% Japan -- If you have any real issues that Fleet Family Services can't meet, come back here and let us have another OT cry for help. Going a bit further off topic, I have a number of resources on both sides of the fence which you might find useful if needed ... but, if you can follow the simple instructions that the outbound processing folks have for you, you shouldn't need the assistance. Once you're out you'll have time to prepare for PR if you really want it.

But ... if you do find that things are not proceeding smoothly ... don't be afraid to ask. And you will not be the first retiree to do so ...
--
CL