[tlug] HPUX 11 and LaserJet 4000N

A customer is reporting that he can't print Japanese characters on an
old system running HP-UX 11.0 on B132L, with a HP LaserJet 4000N.  On
the net I can only find advice on how to install this using the
network connection, but the customer is using a parallel cable. The
printer is already installed and prints English without problems, but
not Japanese.

Is there anyone here with experience of ancient HP workstations in
Japanese environments who can suggest how I should configure the
system?

Cheers,
Johan