Re: [tlug] Looking for a distribution to replace Ubuntu

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 at 9:52 PM, Attila Kinali <attila@example.com> wrote:
> Until now, i'm quite unsuccessfull in my search, which lead me
> to the thought, that it should be possible to gather enough
> people to start a new distro, with exactly the above (and Curt's)
> requirements. But then, i'm working on somany projects already,
> that i doubt that i could start anything as big as this...

Ubuntu and Debian use .deb as their packages and my suggestion are:

1. Build things *we need* from source code is always an option.
2. Rebuild the .deb packages with the options we need.

Making your own distribution is not so hard at start up you won't have time
to maintain it. Kondara, Momonga are good examples: They never get *enough*
due to the lack of (package) maintainers.

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu ( Nguyễn Vũ Hưng )