Re: [tlug] Fast HTTP Talk, Httperf and Libevent, Pre-talk Hacking Session

On 2008-11-06 11:39 +0900 (Thu), Edward Middleton wrote:

> I tried out the CVS version last night on an amd64 machine.  It works
> well up to a rate of 550 connection/second but segfaults above that.

Is it related to the connection rate, or the number of file descriptors
in use?

You could try it by hooking it up to a server that waited for a second
or so after receving the request before sending the reply, either by
using a runtime system that supports hundreds of thousands or millions
of threads without difficulty (advertisement: such as Glasgow Haskell
:-)), or by using something like lighttpd with thousands of small FCGI
servers.

cjs