[tlug] Re: [RFC] Outline of the fast HTTP talk (PHP benchmark)

John Fremlin <john@example.com> writes:
[...]
>> My varnish server is Celeron 1.8GHz with 2G of ram.  I would be
>> interested in running any benchmarks you have against this server, for
>> comparison.
>
> Feel free.

The PHP test is this file

<h1>Hello <?= $_REQUEST['name'] ?></h1>

I am using Lighttpd with fastcgi and PHP5.

I get about 3000 requests per second.

So my web-application platform is still the fastest . . . More
competitors very welcome!

I start with

sudo schedtool -a 1 -e /etc/init.d/lighttpd start

Worryingly, the performance does not go up if no CPU affinity is set, so
maybe I am doing it wrong. The purpose of this test is to see the
maximum performance that can be achieved per core, and of course some
frameworks will scale to more cores better than others. . .

[...]