Re: [tlug] X11 Session Manager Setup

Curt Sampson writes:

 > Well, the layout I want changes from time to time as I work on things
 > and need different arrangements for debugging things. What's the big
 > problem with just making all those simple operations easy?

Ah, you have set foot on the road to the big E.  Not satori, but
writing an Emacs.<wink>

 > "One neat thing about vi is that it really starts fast."

It's one of the great marketing failures of the Emacs world that the
server program is named after the project, and the command line client
is named "client".  If the Emacs server were named "xemacs-server" and
the gnuclient were named "xemacs", nobody would ever notice that
XEmacs starts up real slow (and then peters out altogether).[1]

Footnotes:
[1]  A beer to the first person who gets the album credit right.