Re: [tlug] linux netbooks?

Thanks for the replies, and for pointing me back to Dell, whose netbook wasn't ready when I last enquired.
It seems it has to be them or buy overseas.

I refuse to pay the MS tax (no matter how cheap) and add numbers to their sales, especially on multiple orders. I had hoped there might be some enlightened PC dealer in Tokyo who had managed to escape the MS blockade that the rest of the country suffers. Strangely, pc-k can offer me the eee desktop with linux (or was it msi wind desktop - I forget), but not the netbook!

I don't care about the crappy distros on the aspire one and eee, since I will replace them with Debian anyway. In fact I already have Debian running nicely on a wind and an aspire one, which is why I'm ready to make an order.

Anyway, I'll place an order for a Dell and see how it is.

thanks

nigel