Re: [tlug] Free Codeweavers products for 24 hours.

Scott Robbins writes:
 > On Tue, Oct 28, 2008 at 11:31:42AM +0900, Stephen J. Turnbull wrote:
 > > Phillip Tribble writes:
 > >
 > >  > award-winning
 > >
 > > *plonk*
 >
 > Actually, Stephen, as I mentioned before, the announcement itself is
 > pretty funny.

Well, I read the lameduck URL based on *your* reply (which was of
course OT ;-), and got a chuckle out of it.  The post that warranted
the *plonk* didn't mention that, or being funny, or anything.  In
fact, it looks like marketing spam, list member or not: the only
content in it is an URL and the word "award-winning".

If it is to be anything but an annoyance, at least describe what the
software does, or mark it OT so people know there's more to it than
that!  Preferably it would include a review based on personal
experience with the software explaining why it is being recommended to
us.  Keep it to 10 lines or less, and add details in the followup
thread, if any interest appears.

Note that except for the "keep it to 10 lines" part, you've done all
of that in the post I'm replying to.  Nice of you, I certainly
appreciate it, but don't you have your own life to live most days?