Re: [tlug] Trouble with external USB hard disk: /etc/fstab was mucked; simply and don't fight defaults

jep200404 wrote:

Although that's an acceptable thing to do, for now, I would simply leave out an entry for /dev/sdb1, and let Kubuntu mount it where it wants to by default, which would likely be some /media/something directory. I.e., for now, let's try to keep things simple and not fight the defaults.

For the moment, I have removed

/dev/sdb1 /home/david/foomnt auto users,atime,auto,rw,nodev,noexec,nosuid 0 0

from fstab.