[tlug] Re: Talk about fast HTTP

Edward Middleton <emiddleton@example.com> writes:
> John Fremlin wrote:
>> I guess there is little interest in either assembly language or
>> tunnelling.
>>

> Don't read to much into the lack of responses.  I guess it isn't all
> that clear what you were proposing to talk about.  Having said that
> talking purely about assembler language programming might not be
> accessible to a lot of people.
>
>> Would anybody like to listen to a talk on serving dynamic webpages in
>> less than a millisecond?
>>
>> The version I have given before explains how the my system is
>> constructed, from the raw system calls up.
>>
>> But there is plenty of less technical stuff to talk about (e.g. database
>> rtts).
>>
>> What do you think?
>>

> What about a talk about how you optimized to get millisecond
> performance,  and discuss things like what were the greatest
> contributors to latency and how you dealt with them, and other issues
> you addressed in performance tuning.

Yes, this is essentially it.

> This sort of things might be more
> useful for a range of people including those not familiar with assembly
> language.

There is only assembly language in the assembly language option. The
other options do not include any assembly language.

I guess talking about my high performance web application platform is
easiest for me as I have done it before. That's what I propose to go
for, unless someone wants something else.

I will try to make it accessible to non-network-programmers by
explaining the basics, something like a simplified and more up-to-date
version of the material here

           http://www.kegel.com/c10k.html