[tlug] Re: Talk about fast HTTP

John Fremlin wrote:
> I guess there is little interest in either assembly language or
> tunnelling.

Don't read to much into the lack of responses.  I guess it isn't all
that clear what you were proposing to talk about.  Having said that
talking purely about assembler language programming might not be
accessible to a lot of people.

> Would anybody like to listen to a talk on serving dynamic webpages in
> less than a millisecond?
>
> The version I have given before explains how the my system is
> constructed, from the raw system calls up.
>
> But there is plenty of less technical stuff to talk about (e.g. database
> rtts).
>
> What do you think?

What about a talk about how you optimized to get millisecond
performance,  and discuss things like what were the greatest
contributors to latency and how you dealt with them, and other issues
you addressed in performance tuning. This sort of things might be more
useful for a range of people including those not familiar with assembly
language.

Edward