[tlug] Re: Talk on either standalone assembly programs or reliable connexions over HTTP, DNS, UDP

John Fremlin wrote:
Edward Middleton <emiddleton@example.com> writes:

If you are interested in making a presentation in the November 8th
technical meeting, could you send a mail to the list outlining what you
would like to present.  Please CC me on this email.

I would love to give a talk and I have plenty of free time to prepare as I am unemployed. Here are two things I'd like to talk about, but I guess one presentation is enough for the next session:

(1) Writing standalone programs for Linux in assembly

    With the example being a program that controls a CD drive via ioctls
    http://john.freml.in/programs/linux/asm-toys/

Looks interesting, have you done any amd64 assembler on Linux.

(2) Reliable connexions simultaneously over multiple transports
including DNS, HTTP and UDP

     Useful if you are stuck behind a firewall - so far an unreleased
     project I have been working on

Is this using an external site to proxy the connections?

Edward