[tlug] From a moderator--posting material with a copyright

Folks, just a request to be careful about posting material with a
copyright.  All this talk about elections reminds me that especially in
the USA, such things can cause issues.

Please just post links to articles that have a copyright. I'm not a
lawyer, but I assume a line or two of the article is also probably Ok
under fair use, but better safe than sorry.

Perhaps it's just paranoia, living in the US, but it's always better to
err on the side of caution in these matters.

If I were more cynical, I would think that our lawmakers accepted bribes
from movie and record companies, but I was taught that our government is
honest.  :)

This is NOT an effort to start any sort of discussion about this--yes,
it's often absurd, but then, some of the cases I see mentioned in the
news are also absurd, so please err on the side of caution.

For example, the other day an Onion article was posted.  It's copyright
and of course, if we got a nasty email from them, I wouldn't even know
if they were kidding or not.  :)

--
Scott Robbins
PGP keyID EB3467D6

Wicca girl: We come together, daughters of Gaia, sisters to the
moon. We walk with the darkness, the wolf at our side. Through the
waterfall of power, to the blackest heart of eternity. I think we
should have a bake sale.