Re: [tlug] Somewhat OT- open source software for US voting machines

On Wed, Oct 8, 2008 at 8:02 PM, Stephen J. Turnbull <stephen@example.com> wrote:
> SL Baur writes:
>
>  > [1] The only way for it not to be to be close is for McCain
>  > to win in a blowout with an energized Republican base voting
>  > for him, which isn't likely to happen at this point, but still
>  > could if they set Mrs. Palin free to be herself.  "Flyover"
>  > americans like myself like her very much.
>
> I find it scary you think McCain is so weak that he needs to set his
> VP candidate "free to be herself".  VP candidates generally can only
> hurt the team in the campaign, especially when "set free"
> (cf. Geraldine Ferraro).  The point of VP candidates is usually to
> shore up internal support networks.
>
> I find it scary that the VP nominee for the most-likely-to-die-
> in-office-if-elected Presidential candidate we've ever had has no
> political experience whatsoever outside of a state that for over a
> generation has averaged a negative personal income tax rate.

What do you find scarier, that statement or ones
I made in 2004 claiming my dog would make a
better President than either of the two clowns
running for the "major" parties?

I find it remarkable that Dick Cheney managed
to stay alive for the full 8 years.  Not only was he
illegal (they had to play residence games to
allow him to run), but in bad health and did in fact
suffer heart attacks in office.

Perhaps McCain can manage the same trick.

-sb

-sb