Re: [tlug] linux sysadmin job searches

On Mon, Sep 29, 2008 at 11:32 PM, Pietro Zuco <pietro@example.com> wrote:

I wonder where did you try to find an opportunity.
I think the job market is not so bad in Japan, anyway I know this companies,
they was always really professional with me and some other requiters read the
list too.

http://www.skillhouse.co.jp/
http://bmes.com/
http://adept-grp.com/
http://roberthalf.jp/
http://slate.co.jp/

Hope this help.

<shamless_plug>Maybe he didn't try http://www.wallstreetjapan.com </shameless_plug>.

Anyhow, I was on the phone yesterday with a few people.. my general advice is that given the market shakedown in finance, you're going to see a lot more people on the market as available.  When that happens, competition gets more fierce, and companies become more reluctant to hire someone quickly because they feel they can afford to wait for someone better.

Therefore, I would say now is the time to brush up your skills (those of you who are gainfully employed), especially with Japanese language, as I have seen it becoming more and more of a requirement for positions as more candidates have been entering the market with at least some Japanese skill (usually between 2-3 kyu).

Mark