Re: [tlug] OT: Beer Festival

On Mon, 2008-09-08 at 18:30 +0900, Ian Wells wrote:
> Clearly British beer is the finest in the world, so this discussion is
> completely irrelevant ;-)

'Nuff said mate! Was watching the pound nosedive recently and wished I
could afford the train fare to Narita, the fuel surcharges, airport
taxes and rip-off London hotels to go for a decent pint!

> But I have to say, thanks for the information.  All very useful.  A
> beer festival that shuts at 5pm, though, seems rather inconvenient..

Unfortunately, the hall is not cheap and they can only afford to rent it
for a certain number of hours. The beer (the good stuff) usually runs
out well before then anyway. They limit the number of tickets so it
doesn't get out of control like the Nippon Craft Beer Association's
Ebisu event, which seems to ignore the hall fire limit and is so crowded
you don't know who's queuing and who's drinking...

This time I'll be on the volunteer staff running the Tokyo BEERS booth.
Officially, I won't be able to drink while on duty but will head back to
Popeye (craft beer bar in Ryogoku) for the staff party :)

Wayne