Mailing List Archive
tlug.jp Mailing List tlug archive tlug Mailing List Archive
[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
Re: [tlug] Permissions are like Rubik's cubes [SOLVED]
- Date: Mon, 01 Sep 2008 22:09:40 +0900
- From: Dave M G <email@example.com>
- Subject: Re: [tlug] Permissions are like Rubik's cubes [SOLVED]
- References: <48BBBF50.firstname.lastname@example.org> <email@example.com>
- User-agent: Thunderbird 184.108.40.206 (X11/20080724)
Thanks for responding.
The filesystem on these pen drives usually a FAT filesystem on which there's no such concept as file ownership and permissions.
Aha. It all makes sense now.
I always thought the whole permissions deal was a matter of the operating system, not the disk file system.
Thanks for schooling me on todays new Linux fact.
As they say on the BBC... "Thants".
-- Dave M G http://www.tlug.jp/wiki/User:Dave_M_G
- Re: [tlug] Permissions are like Rubik's cubes [SOLVED]
- From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Home | Main Index | Thread Index
- Prev by Date: [tlug] [announcement] 2008-09-13 TLUG Technical Meeting
- Next by Date: [tlug] Effect of AI and data processing rift on the Semantic Web
- Previous by thread: Re: [tlug] Permissions are like Rubik's cubes
- Next by thread: Re: [tlug] Permissions are like Rubik's cubes [SOLVED]
Home Page Mailing List Linux and Japan TLUG Members Links