[tlug] A gentle nudge from a moderator

Folks, lately, we've seen a bit of an overabundance of top posting and
lack of trimming, mostly from relative newcomers to the list.

I've received some complaints from the old timers.  So---

Firstly, this is not to be the start of a thread.  If you want to go way
back in time to see how some newcomers drove several of the more
valuable members off the list, you can go back in the archives--I forget
when it began and ended, but we lost several extremely valuable members.

For those who think that we are wrong in putting their needs over
newcomers, please see both the main tlug pages and a little guide I
wrote around that time at

http://home.nyc.rr.com/computertaijutsu/newbieguide.html

So, PLEASE DO NOT TOP POST, AND PLEASE BEGIN TO TRIM UNNECESSARY PARTS
OF THE MESSAGES!

For newcomers, or for those who might not have English as their first
language, let me give brief explanations, although Godwin's guide,
linked to from the list's main pages, gives a better one.  Here's his
guide's link

http://linux.sgms-centre.com/misc/netiquette.php

PLEASE read it.  For those who can't be bothered, one brief quote