Re: [tlug] FTTH ISP recommendation

On Mon, 4 Aug 2008 18:47:00 +0900
Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:

> TEPCO-Hikari is now KDDI, I believe.

Yes, and they offer it now as Hikari-one T-type:
http://www.hikari-one.com/t/isp/home.html

There was reportedly a campaign to make type-T users change to
Hikari-one, so I'm not sure whether it is easy for you to make them
switch you to type-T.  (But apparently they still accept new sign-ups?)

> I've used serveral Usen home connections, and they were invariably
> quite fast and offered five static IPs for your hosts. (The sixth is
> the router for the /29 they give you.)

Usen's service is now call Gyao-Hikari.  They now offer service through
B-flets as well as their own fiber.

http://hikari.gyao.ne.jp/index.html

> I've heard that that service is harder to get these days, though.

If you live in an apartment building, they are now more interested in
getting the whole building hook up rather than just one flat, but it
probably doesn't hurt to ask.

Stephen

--
Stephen Lee <sl-tlug@example.com>