Re: [tlug] STM (was: Re: work times & accommodation @tokyo)

On Mon, 28 Jul 2008 17:03:17 +0900
Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:

> But let's try this on for size: what is it about Haskell's STM interface
> definition that might make it not work where "traditional" composition
> of locks, as in most threaded Java applications I've seen, would work?

Why is it that people always tend to use Java if they need
to compare a new and shiny language to something else?

Java might (have) be(en) a clean and nice language, but it's one
of those with the most shortcommings i've ever seen.
Not to mention that most of them are impossible to work around,
because they are inherent in the design of java.

It's like comparing zfs/btrfs/... to vfat32.

			Attila Kinali
--
The true CS students do not need to know how to program.
They learn how to abstract the process of programming to