Re: [tlug] STM (was: Re: work times & accommodation @tokyo)

Curt Sampson writes:

 > It's easy to reconstruct monadic behaviour in either language. It's just
 > very difficult or impossible to type check it.

Well, what I had in mind basically was creating closures as a type,
then "atomically" would be a type containing a list of closures.  The
calling syntax would be something like

    Atomically(list_of_closures).exec()

This would be a major PITA to code, and probably non-trivial to use,
it's not going to be a win in terms of convenience or transparency.

It should be possible to typecheck this, though.