[tlug] Scim toolbar position

I'm being increasingly irritated by the fact that when I start a new
login session, and turn on scim (through skim, actually - which I run
under KDE), my toolbar appears at the left edge of the screen, centered
(up/down-wise).  If I move it to my preferred position (above the
tray), it'll stay there for that session, but next time it goes back to
its default.

I know I can hide or embed the toolbar in the tray, but I don't want to
do that... I like to have the toolbar as a very visible reminder that
Japanese input is turned on.  I've looked through all the skim settings,
but can't find any that would seem to control this positioning.

Anyone know how I can get it to remember the position?  I've actually
already asked the scim-user mailing list, but didn't get a response.

Thanks,
Dave