From: David Bernat <dbernat@example.com>
Subject: [tlug] Skype on a ThinkPad R61 laptop
Date: Mon, 21 Jul 2008 11:28:18 +0900

> I have downloaded the Kubuntu Linux version of Skype.
>
> Trying to install Skype on my CoreDuo laptop generates
> the message "Error: Wrong architecture 'i386'."
>
> I am running the 64-bit version of Kubuntu 8.04 on the
> laptop.
>
> Is Skype looking for a 32-bit version of Kubuntu, then turning
> surly because it can't always get what it wants?

I'm not sure what you mean because of my poor English sorry,
but anyway it looks like Skype provides only 32 bit version Linux packages.
Thus, if you like Ubuntu, you need a 32bit Ubuntu installation.
Another idea is making a 32bit virtualized guest for skype client using
Xen or qemu etc.

But, anyway, if you like a 64bit system, the easiest way is using other
distributions (except Debian Etch(amd64)) supported by Skype such as CentOS,
I think.

I hope the above helps you.

Regards,
Masanori