Re: [tlug] First FF3.0 bug? F6 doesn't work

Hi,

On Thu, 19 Jun 2008 09:02:45 +0900
"Josh Glover" <jmglov@example.com> wrote:

> 2008/6/18 Bruno Raoult <braoult@example.com>:
>
> > I always used CTRL-L & CTRL-K
>
> What is the point of the search bar? Typing a non-URI into the
> location bar functions the same as the search bar, right?

I used to feel this way too once. Then I realized that the search bar
kept a history of my searches, and hitting CTRL+K -> backspace ->
downarrow is very convenient. 'g "location bar" cli
site:codinghorror.com' requires re-typing the next time.

I also recently discovered while focus is in the search bar, hitting
CTRL+uparrow/downarrow cycles through the configured search engines (in
FF3, not confirmed in FF2).

> I have removed all the extraneous shite from my toolbars[1] in order
> to maximise the width of the location bar, as it is the new CLI for
> the web. [2]

This is true, however on today's widescreen monitors, can you really
not sacrifice a couple hundred pixels for the search bar?

Mike