Re: [tlug]

On Fri, 2008-06-06 at 20:36 +0900, Nick Bikkal wrote:

I have been using Ubuntu for the last month and seem to have hit a lot
of walls. Does anyone recommend other Linux versions? I've had to fix
the version and besides the fact I don't know how to use the command
line it isn't easy to repair.

Everyone is going to have his/her own favorite here. I would just mention that while I have to admit that it may be that I simply did not make enough effort, but with my boxes, I have always had an easier time with straight Debian installs with the Debian installer, rather than Ubuntu. A few years ago there were still some machines it wouldn't set up on, but recently, I haven't had a single problem, and it seems to me that the handling of apt resources on a straight Debian installation is simpler and easier.

Regards,

Chuck

--

A. Charles Muller