Re: [tlug] missing icon

On Fri, Jun 6, 2008 at 8:29 PM, Nick Bikkal <pwd8mfs2gg@example.com> wrote:
> I just reformatted the HD. It's not working. I use Ubuntu. I feel it's
> not responding well to some of my problems. I have a new system and have
> not found it easy to work with parallel to Windows.

Tricky for beginners it is, no question. What Ubuntu are you using,
and as importantly, what installation disk? There are several. I also
wonder if you have support for all your hardware on your machine. If
not, it can be troublesome. Maybe your installer has some trouble and
does not install all the packages you require? Does the installation
proceed flawlessly?

If you have GRUB as a bootloader, you should be able to run in
parallel with Windows. Exactly how depends on the Window version, but
I assume you have Windows installed already. If so, that is the
easiest way to proceed I find. GRUB should detect the installation
automatically (Question to self: Vista also?) and it will appear in
the list of OSes to boot from.

Regards, Gernot