Re: [tlug] B Flets blocks port 25?

On Fri, May 30, 2008 at 1:30 AM, Curt Sampson <cjs@example.com> wrote:
> On 2008-05-29 13:31 +0900 (Thu), Hung Nguyen Vu wrote:
>
>> It uses relayhost provided by the ISP.
>
> That should work.
I got the first relay spam via gmail STMP just 2 hours after I got
postfix + gmail working:)
The spam email claimed to be from xxx@example.com( which is the account
I registered to use with postfix),
and TO: not_exist@example.com How they can do that because accessing to
gmail's SMTP requires authenticantion
in which the password is in my server( /etc/postfix/sasl_passwd; chown
root:root; chmod 600; ).

> ISPs tend to block various other ports on "consumer-grade" connections
> as well, especially the SMB and NMBD ports used by Microsoft's file
> sharing services, the idea being to protect users who just happen to
> have unwittingly shared their whole drive with the world.
IIRC, Usen blocks SMB and NMBD.
# Joe, can you check that?

> By the bye, has anybody noticed that Asahi-Net over B-Flets seems a bit
> slow? Even within Tokyo, I seem to get only about 13-15 Mbps, whereas
> between a couple of Usen-connected hosts, I get 60-80 Mbps. I'd love to
> hear where else I could go to get a static IP, without filtering, that
> offers better performance.

B Flets offer static IP hosting without port 25 filtering, but you have to 申請.
The performance will be better if you use WebCaster.

--
Best Regards,
Nguyen Hung Vu ( Nguyễn Vũ Hưng )