Re: [tlug] search for fulltext-searchengine

Hi,

The idea of Namazu is to have the index of "keyword(s)->DocID". So it should be very simple to get the information which includes the keyword. It should be also easy if you want to write your own search engine by using dbm (hash) or some Trie (B-tree) type libraries.

From: "Stephen J. Turnbull" <stephen@example.com>
Sent: 2008年05月20日 04:55:41

Namazu is a high-maintenance girlfriend.  Give her one rock, she
expects another one weekly.  We (xemacs.org) gave up on it.

Hm, if you don't need the latest feature, it wouldn't require to update so frequently.

A suprising candidate is FreeWAIS.  I know one guy who swears by it
because of its ability to do proximity search, which turns out to do
very well despite being far more primitive than Xapian's probabilistic
search technology.

freeWAIS! I have written a Japanese patch in 1993 for FreeWAIS, because freeWAIS seems to be little complicated to expand its ability, and I have written SSE by the experience, and the idea is delived in Namazu. I don't know if freeWAIS is still updated.

Anyway, Namazu seems to be able to search a proximity words.

http://search.namazu.org/

has some descriptions. But of course, Xapian seems to be interesting too.
--
== Money is one of the minimum conditions to do anything, but... =======
  Shin MICHIMUKO <smitimko@example.com> http://www.peanuts.gr.jp/