Re: [tlug] [ot] Windows 7

Kenneth Burling wrote:
> On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 9:23 PM, Phillip Tribble <rusher@example.com>
> wrote:
>
>> It looks good, dam good! I now feel shame =( . I sure hope kde 4.1 will
>> blast this!
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5D43p4_qcY
>>

> Honestly, I did not see anything new or unique in the demo.  Hell, half of
> what they showed has already been in windows for several versions, they just
> never thought to point out the more technical stuff.  :P

We got a demo of the current 4.1 last night at the NBLUG
meeting.  Fabio Locati who gave the demo is an Italian
exchange student here and one of the developers.

The demo looked good.  He was using a dell laptop for the
demo and I was quite surprised how much performance they are
getting out of that little box for all the graphics
transformations going on.  He gave 7/29 as the release date
for 4.1.

He also mentioned using the next QT release in 4.1  which
has enhancements from the QT in KDE 4.0.  One of the games
he demoed had marbles bouncing around in a box and the
object was to keep your marble from getting hit by the
others.  He mentioned that all the physics calculations were
being done in QT.  Somehow it seemed strange to me that
these calculations are being done in a graphics package, but
the demo was impressive.

He also mentioned something about supporting Windows as well
as Linux and MacOS.

This could be interesting...

Steve S.