Re: [tlug] ubuntu 8.04: firefox 3 beta 5 and 2.0.014 bookmark disaster

Gernot Hassenpflug wrote:

Does anyone have any pointers on how to get FF to read such a file, or
would the fastest course of action be to write a script that generates
a feasible bookmarks file from the JSON one?

Would it be possible to save the file in .html? That is what FF wants. Alternatively, and this seems like it would be a lot of work initially, but less than starting over ... what about cutting and pasting into the "Organize Bookmarks" page and then dragging your subdirectories into position?

You have my sympathies. FF3 betas have been an ongoing disaster for me. Almost nothing I used in 2.0.0.14 transferred or updated. Eventually, I went back to the earlier number.

--
CL